top of page

Make Nutrition A Habit


Hands up who struggles with their diet 🤚🏼 It's a tale as old as time - start a diet, hate it, fall off the wagon a few days later - wash, rinse, repeat. So how do you fix it? Simple, stop thinking about it as a "fix". Understand it's not a short term thing - set yourself these rules with your diet and watch it become effortless over time. 🥕Protein and veggies - it goes without saying, eat your protein, eat your veggies. Include them with every meal where you can. ➗80/20 - 80% of your diet should be whole, minimally processed foods. The remaining 20% can be all the fun stuff - this is what people mean when they say "everything in moderation". Enjoy your diet - include foods you enjoy. If you're consistently eating 80% whole foods, over time you're going to see great improvements.⠀ 🍫Snacks - "Out of sight, out of mind" - yes you can have your snacks but remember moderation. If you leave chocolate or biscuits out on the counter - you'll eat them (or at least be tempted) - so keep them out of sight and keep lower calorie, nutrient dense foods front and centre. 😰Pressure - we get plenty of pressure from literally every other area of our lives. Don't add your daily diet to that list. Understand you'll slip up and it's a lifelong process - mistakes happen, just move on and don't sweat it. Enjoy it. ⠀ 📖Journal - keep track of what you eat, where/how you eat it and how you feel. Then use that information. Find yourself getting hungry and over eating in the early evening? Look at your lunch entries - maybe you're not getting enough veggies, or you're eating too quickly. You'll spot areas to improve and where your diet can fit better in your current schedule!

Comments


bottom of page